TEXAS AHEC EAST JOB DESCRIPTION EXECUTIVE Director - Waco Regional Office
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
Programmatic Reporting: Texas AHEC East Program Executive Director; Waco Regional AHEC Advisory Board
Administrative Reporting: McLennan County Medical Education and Research Foundation Board of Directors and Waco Family Health Center CEO
Skills: Managerial, administrative, planning, organizing, communicating and networking; creativity; understanding of health professions education, healthcare services and delivery, ability to develop and execute effective presentations; grant writing/management; CHW Instructor preferred
other requirements: Membership in related professional organization(s); Current TX Driver's License, regional travel required; occasional state-wide and/or national travel
- Plans, organizes, directs and monitors AHEC operations, programs, and financial status to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of high quality programs for those served
- Works closely with senior administrators of Waco Family Health Center, the regional Advisory Board, the Program Office, and the TAE staff in the development, adoption, and continual review of the AHEC mission, goals, strategies, and programs
- Ensures that developed programs address the mission to create an educational environment in Texas’ rural and urban communities in order to improve the distribution of health care professionals to underserved populations and to improve the health of these communities.
- Identify, develop, and support preceptor relationships in service region in the provision of clinical training opportunities for discipline-specific, multi-and interdisciplinary training of undergraduate and graduate health profession students.
- Evaluate and assess health care profession students training needs and areas of opportunity in rural and underserved regions throughout 18-county service region.
- Serve as the primary contact for professional programs scheduling underserved and rural clinical rotations for health profession students within the 18 county service region.
- Ensure students have submitted documentation required for clinic credentialing (as needed).
- Secure, support, and oversee proposed and existing training sites and activities including education needs, rotation evaluation, promotion of loan reimbursement programs, and development and continuation of student housing.
- Assures that AHEC meets or exceeds its obligations of obtained grants and contracts and locates and applies for new funding sources to sustain the AHEC center.
- Ensures the effective and efficient delivery of high quality programs to its service area that are consistent with its mission and goals while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establishes effective working relationships and partnerships with health care providers, health systems/clinics, state departments, health centers, federal agencies, secondary schools, colleges and universities, businesses, government entities, and community organizations to enhance the understanding of the AHEC mission, implementation of AHEC programs, and attainment of goals.
- Manage and ensure that all expenditures are made in accordance with federal and state regulations, and the policy directives of UTMB and Waco Family Health Center.
- Reports regularly to the Advisory Board and MCMERF Board of Directors, including information on all fiscal, programmatic, and operational activities of the center and works with the Advisory Board to assess and develop new goals and programs for AHEC.
- Assist the TAE Program Office in funding request, grant proposals, reporting, and development in HRSA directed programs through participation in TAE meetings, calls, strategic planning, and working groups.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current in emerging needs of local, regional, and state-wide issues that address access to care, health and healthcare inequity, health career pipeline education, and other relevant topics through involvement in coalitions, workgroups, listservs, webinars, professional memberships, other community and statewide networks, self-directed professional reading, development of professional contacts with colleagues, professional development courses and training and/or courses as directed.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate activities which support TAE program objectives in the areas of: Health Careers Promotion and Preparation; Community-Based Student Education; AHEC Scholars; Practice Entry and Support; Health Literacy; Community Health Systems; Community Health Worker Training and Outreach.
- Communicates regional activities with federal and state elected officials to create awareness and understanding of the AHEC mission, goals, and value to the community.
- Promote and communicate with AHEC stakeholders and community through use of social media, newsletters, press releases, and other media outlets.
- Works to assure the overall success of the AHEC by performing all other duties as assigned by the Texas AHEC East Program Director and/or CEO of Waco Family Health Center.
- other duties: other duties as assigned by supervisors and/or advisory board
physical and mental requirements:
- visual and auditory accuracy
- shift length - 9 hours
- indoor setting
- continuous use of computer
- occasional use of calculator
- long periods of sitting
- frequent use of telephone
- continuous repetitive grasping and manipulation of both hands
- continuous conversational communication
- occasional lifting, carrying, pushing pulling of up to 35 lbs
- occasional walking, reaching, standing, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing
- occasional use of personal transportation
- ability to travel 18-county service area
- occasional overnight travel
- understand/carry out simple/detailed, oral/written instructions
- memorize and retain instructions
- read and interpret detailed specifications
Send resumes to the attention of Christine Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org